Play the Flight for Life Lottery with Superdraw to support your local life-saving charity
Join today for just £2 a week for your chance to
- Win up to £25,000 in the Superdraw
- Win 14 cash prizes every week
- Support our life-saving work
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance wins every time you play the Flight For Life Lottery and Superdraw. Your £2 a week helps to keep us operational and delivering first-class helicopter emergency medical service to the critically ill and injured people of Essex and Hertfordshire.
It takes just two minutes to sign up online for the Flight for Life Lottery with Superdraw
Join the Lottery Here »
When you join the Flight for Life Lottery you are entered into two lotteries that are each drawn on alternate Wednesdays. This means that every week you have the chance of winning one of 14 cash prizes and up to £25,000 if you also play the Superdraw. If no member makes a complete match with all four numbers, the jackpot prize will roll over to the next draw of that specific lottery. For full details see the Flight for Life Lottery Draw Calendar.
Please allow up to 14 days for your sign up to be processed.
Profits from the Flight for Life Lottery support the life-saving work of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
Players must be UK residents aged 16 and over.
Stay in control. Visit www.BeGambleAware.org for advice and free confidential help.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Lottery cash prizes?
- The Flight for Life Lottery gives you the chance to win one of these cash prizes each week:
- £1,000 top prize
- £500 second prize
- £250 third prize
- £100 forth prize
- 10 prizes of £10
How does the Superdraw work?
- When you join the Flight for Life Superdraw you are allocated an exclusive combination of four lucky numbers between 1-45. Your numbers are entered into two lotteries that are drawn on alternate Wednesdays. You can see the schedule of draws on the Flight for Life Lottery Draw Calendar. A separate jackpot draw is made for the Superdraw and the weekly prize is based on a percentage of Superdraw members. If no member makes a complete match with all four numbers, the jackpot prize will roll over to the next draw of that specific lottery. The jackpot prize will continue to roll over until it reaches £25,000, at which point multiple draws will be made in a single week until a complete match is selected. When this occurs one member will win £25,000!
Is there a calendar for the lottery draws?
- The Flight for Life Lottery and Superdraw are drawn every Wednesday and is made up of two separate lotteries which each raise funds to support different areas of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance's work. Each lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission and benefits from the weekly draw on a rotation basis. You can see the schedule of draws on the Flight for Life Lottery Draw Calendar.
Why is the first payment in the Superdraw £12?
The first payment is £12 because not all months have 4 weeks in so we take an initial higher payment of £12 to ensure you always have £2 credit in your account and will never fall out of the draw.
If you still require further information please see the financial calendar here
Why is the first payment in the Weekly Draw £6?
The first payment is £6 because not all months have 4 weeks in so we take an initial higher payment of £6 to ensure you always have £1 credit in your account and will never fall out of the draw.
If you still require further information please see the financial calendar here.
Can I just play the Lottery?
- Yes, you can just choose to just play the Flight for Life Lottery without the Superdraw for £1 a week.
Can I buy more than 1 ticket?
- If you wish to take out more than one Lottery membership please contact the team on 0345 2417 688.
Can I buy a ticket for 1 week only?
- No. You cannot buy a ticket for a single week.
Can I buy a Lottery and Superdraw ticket as a gift for someone?
- Yes, you can buy the Flight for Life Lottery and Superdraw as a gift. Please go to the Gift the Lottery page
Can I sign up by post?
Yes you can join the Flight for Life Lottery by post. Download and print the Lottery form and decide whether you’d like to pay by direct debit, credit card or cheque.
Lottery Application Form here.
How will I know if I win?
- The winning numbers will be displayed weekly on our website, or you can call 0345 2417 688 to request a winners list. If you are one of our lucky winners there is no need to check your numbers as we will notify you as soon as possible.
How much goes to the Charity?
- In 2017, 78% of the profits raised by the Flight for Life Lottery were returned to Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to assist in the life saving work of the Charity.
Can I set up a direct debit?
- Yes, you can set up a direct debit either via the website or by calling us. Please contact the Flight for Life Lottery team on call 0345 2417 688
What are the Lottery and Superdraw Rules and Regulations?
- The Flight for Life Lottery terms and conditions can be downloaded here.
Our solicitation statement can be read here.
Are my funds protected?
- Customer Funds Insolvency Rating: Not Protected Segregation: We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you in the event of insolvency. We hold customer funds separately from company funds in a UK bank account. These funds are not protected and in the event of insolvency there is no guarantee funds held will be repaid.
Further information can be found at protection of customer funds.
What do I do if I think I’m gambling too much?
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you would like to be excluded from future raffles and lotteries, please download, complete and return this Self Exclusion Form.
Read our Self Exclusion Policy.
If you feel you need to self-exclude yourself from the Flight for Life Lottery, we would encourage you to extend your self-exclusion to any other gambling arrangements you may have.
If you think you might have a problem with Gambling...
- Problem gambling is behaviour related to gambling which causes harm to the gambler and those around them. This may include family, friends and others who know them or care for them, such as those they work with.
If someone is struggling to control their gambling behaviour it can cause stress, depression, anxiety, or they may fall behind at work and worry about money. If someone’s gambling is causing any of these effects, it is considered problem gambling.
For some people, the impact of problem gambling may be severe and can lead to social and emotional difficulties, such as the breakdown of relationships, struggling to maintain employment, or unmanageable debt. Gambling Disorder is recognised by doctors, psychologists and counsellors as a mental health problem, and there are treatments available which can help.
Extract from BeGambleAware, www.begambleaware.org
If you think you might have a problem with Gambling you can contact BeGambleAware on the website above or on the National Gambling Helpline Freephone 0808 8020 133 for free advice. Alternatively you can speak with the Citizens Advice Bureau or your doctor for guidance.
If you wish to self-exclude from the Flight for Life Lottery please contact us.
Why do you use canvassers?
- Our canvassers do a phenomenal job signing up new players to the Flight for Life Lottery. 94% of our lottery playing population have been recruited via canvassers and the lottery accounts for a substantial proportion of the Charity income. The hard work of the canvassers, and the dedication of our lottery players, means we are able to continue our lifesaving work.
How can a canvasser be identified?
- All canvassers carry identification and a list of all canvassers can be found here. If you have any concerns around a canvasser or would like to check their legitimacy, please do not hesitate to call 0345 2417 688. You can also see a list of locations where the canvassers are currently working on our Canvassers Page
Are canvassers paid?
- Yes. All canvassers are paid and work on a commission basis paid by third party agencies. You can read our full solicitation statement here.
See our solicitation statement read here.
Why can’t the canvasser take a donation?
- For legal reasons the canvassers are unauthorised to accept any donations, they can only sign new members up to the Flight for Life Lottery via Direct Debit. You can also join the Lottery via our website or by calling 0345 2417 688.
What training do canvassers receive?
- When canvassers join they receive an induction from the agency employing them and at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance. There are also regular training days and training opportunities throughout the year, including dementia training. Canvassers are monitored on a regular basis and we take all complaints regarding their conduct seriously. Re-training is provided if and when required.
What age do I have to be to join the Lottery?
- You must be 16 to join the Flight for Life Lottery, anyone under 16 attempting to join the Lottery is breaking the law. Please note: some of our canvassers will not sign up anyone under the age of 21.
Is there a complaints policy?
- You can read the Lottery Complaints Policy here